2002 Jan 04 21:20

Re: [vox-tech] calling all dosemu users

begin Rod Roark <rod@sunsetsystems.com>
> On Friday 04 January 2002 03:59 pm, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > begin ME <dugan@passwall.com>
> >
> > > A long while ago. (3-4 years ago) got duke nukem 3d to work in
> > > dosemu as well as a bunch of other games including some genesis
> > > emulators. genesis emulators running in dosemu running in X on
> > > linux - cool nesting eh?
> >
> > did you use msdos or freedos?
> >
> > i'm asking because i'm trying to get the cdrom to work under dosemu
> > with freedos.  the big problem is that i can't find mscdex.
>
> Hmm, I wrote a mscdex replacement about 10 years ago.  Want a few
> thousand lines of assembler code?  :-)

sure!  if can i run it under dosemu.   :-)   rodcdex?

i now have mscdex, but it's not "working".

config.com:
DEVICE=ASPI.SYS               (the scsi driver)
DEVICE=CDROM.SYS /D:MYCD

autoexec:
MSCDEX /D:MYCD /V /L:E

mscdex reports that it can't find the driver.  i tried a bunch of
variations on this theme.

i've been playing around with this, but in the meantime, i made the
cdrom another "hard drive".  that works for now.   i'll get back to it
when/if i have some more spare time on my hands...

pete

PGP Public Key:  finger p@dirac.org