2002 Jan 04 11:08

serial console success (was: Re: [vox-tech] minicom help)

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 03:39:31PM -0800, Geoffrey Herteg wrote:
> Henry,
> Do you have flow control turned on?  When I was first setting up my serial
> connection to an Intel Assabet dev board, I thought I had all the settings
> correct (device, bps, parity and bits) but got nothing on the screen.  Turns
> out I left hardware flow control on.

Yes, that did the trick! Now I can send data from either end and receive it
properly on the other. Getty running on the server works; alas minicom does
not seems to set the screen size so the defaults are used. Inexplicably, it
appears that minicom supports vt100 and ANSI terminal codes but not vt102.

I still can't get grub to display anything to the serial port, using the
instructions from the info page, namely to add the following to the grub
installation script:

	serial --unit=0 --speed=9600
	terminal serial

I shall try fiddling with the grub setup.

--
Henry House