2002 Jan 03 21:26

[vox-tech] minicom help

I have two machines connected by serial crossover cable. I can write data to
/dev/ttyS0 on the one machine (headless server) and receive on the other
(terminal) using 'cat /dev/ttyS0' but I can't get minicom to work. Symptom:
nothing at all appears on the receiver! As far as I can tell I did have the
correct comm settings. If anyone has done this and would be willing to
enlighten me, I would be very grateful.

In case you did not guess already, I plan to redirect grub to the serial port
and run a getty on the headless server.

--
Henry House