Re: [vox-tech] Urgent - Problem in upgradation of RH 7.1 to RH 7.2 !!

Re: [vox-tech] Urgent - Problem in upgradation of RH 7.1 to RH 7.2 !!

Viswanath:

Please download tomsrtbt from http://www.toms.net/rb/. This is a rescue
floppy that is more capable that the Red Hat rescue floppy. Follow the
instructions to copy the rescue system to a floppy. Boot the machine from
this floppy. Then examine the partitions on the hard drive to see if they are
intact. If they are, copy your data and any customised config files in /etc
to a backup. You should then re-install. (I know that's drastic and probably
unnecessary, but it is a better use of your time than manually fixing a badly
broken system.)

My feeling is that when you aborted the upgrade the system was left
in a half-installed and un-bootable state.

(By the way, it is generally not a good idea to solve problems by re-booting.
There are generally other ways, e.g, you can probably tell the installer to
skip the problematic package. Re-boot only as a ltast resort.)

On Mon, Dec 24, 2001 at 10:20:22AM -0800, Viswanath P wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     Forgot to mention something.  The lilo boot
> now had returned LI
>
> and not the full LILO.
>
> What error this LI points to?

It means that LILO is broken for any number of reasons.

--
Henry House