January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] epson printer issues

first, let me begin by saying this email won't give you an answer.  :(

if everything prints AOK except star office, then your printer is configured
   correctly as far as linux is concerned.  plus, it means your printing
   system (spooler daemon) is also set up correctly.

if you print blank pages from star office, then star office is queuing the
   jobs correctly.

this narrows down the problem considerably.

it's been a long time since i used that monstrosity called star office, but
is there a printer setup?   maybe soffice is doing something really goofy
like print postscript to a non-postscript printer.

do you get blank pages with ALL components of SO?   the wp, the spreadsheet
and the printing thingee?

pete

begin: Kai Harris <kaiharris@ucdavis.edu> quote

PGP Public Key:  finger p@dirac.org