grub (was: Re: [vox-tech] Urgent - Problem in upgradation of RH 7.1 to R

grub (was: Re: [vox-tech] Urgent - Problem in upgradation of RH 7.1 to RH 7. 2 !!)

On Mon, Dec 24, 2001 at 10:36:03AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> yes, yes, yes!  i agree completely here.  don't use grub.  it might be
> better.  perhaps.  who knows.  it doesn't matter.  the vast majority of
> us are very happy with lilo.  so unless you want to rely on only henry
> answering all your questions, do use lilo.  ;)

OTOH, if you want to install a bootloader once and never break your machine
again because you forgot to re-run /sbin/whatever after installing a new
kernel but before rebooting, use grub :-).

It is a bother to install it the first time, though. The documentation is
quite inadequate.

--
Henry House