Re: [vox-tech] Urgent - Problem in upgradation of RH 7.1 to RH 7. 2 !!

Re: [vox-tech] Urgent - Problem in upgradation of RH 7.1 to RH 7. 2 !!

begin Roland Minden <rminden@Unilab.com>
> I have experimented with ext3 and have had some strange troubles I had
> originally thought were do to VM. Things like 99% CPU usage for no reason.

this is a buggy implementation of the kernel virtual memory system.  the
"andrea vm".  it was fixed in 2.4.16, and the patches have been applied
to the 2.5.* series.

> had this with Mandrake and SuSE both using ext3. IMHO I would stay away from
> it on any production machine.

*definitely* not ext3's fault.

however, i agree here.  i'm waiting myself until 2.5.2 or 2.5.3.  just
to get some of the really nasty/obvious bugs out of the way.

pete