Re: [vox-tech] Urgent - Problem in upgradation of RH 7.1 to RH 7. 2 !!

Re: [vox-tech] Urgent - Problem in upgradation of RH 7.1 to RH 7. 2 !!

begin Roland Minden <rminden@Unilab.com>
> To my understanding Red Hat 7.2 runs a modified 2.4.8 Kernal. ext3 is not
> native until 2.4.16 (correct Peter?)

2.4.16 was the first kernel to have official support for ext3.

> In addition Red Hat 7.1 didn't use
> GRUB. You may want to attempt a new update but skip the GRUB and use LILO.
> For one thing most of us are more LILO knowledgeable

yes, yes, yes!  i agree completely here.  don't use grub.  it might be
better.  perhaps.  who knows.  it doesn't matter.  the vast majority of
us are very happy with lilo.  so unless you want to rely on only henry
answering all your questions, do use lilo.  ;)

pete