Opps, that set off my spam complainer. Was Re: [vox-tech] quoting questi

Opps, that set off my spam complainer. Was Re: [vox-tech] quoting question in perl

Sorry, this message broke one of my spam filters that was set to auto report,
I have disabled the offending filter and set the others to go *after* the
mailing list filters.

On Wednesday, December 31 1969 03:59 pm, Micah Cowan wrote:
> C00112210205.SAA26385@wheel.dcn.davis.ca.us>
> Sender: vox-tech-admin@lists.lugod.org
> Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 12:09:01 -0800
>
> On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 06:13:25PM -0800, Rod Roark wrote:
> > On Thursday 20 December 2001 05:59 pm, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > > begin Micah Cowan <micah@cowanbox.com>

> > I read somwehre that the single quote is a valid character in an
> > identifier, so you might need something like
> >
> >   system("rm '${filename}'");
> >
> > to make it work, but am not sure offhand.
>
> It's not a valid character in an identifier - unless it is the entire
> identifier (i.e., "'").
>
> From perldata, an identifier is, "a string beginning with a letter or
> underscore, and containing letters, underscores, and digits."
>
> Of course, all the "punctuation" identifiers don't follow this rule,
> but it's true in general.
>
> -Micah

- --
- --