[vox-tech] spam reduction numbers from open relay blocking

[vox-tech] spam reduction numbers from open relay blocking

Once MAPS started charging, Psyberware stopped using them and doesn't use
anything now (as far as I can tell).

After a while of way too much spam coming in, I took a RBL checker script
from someone else and hacked it to be a procmail recipe.  I have the
script add a X-RBL header, then a later procmail recipe send the mail to
=junkmail folder.  I also manually save all junkmail to =junkmail when I
find it (my main box, on email lists, etc).

Thus... some real world numbers...  From Oct 19 to present (when I put in
this X-RBL checking).

987 junk emails received total
497 open-relay related

Thus, I've seen nearly a 50% reduction just by having an open-relay block
setup.

--
Ted Deppner
http://www.psyber.com/~ted/