Re: [vox-tech] backspace keycode in C: xterm vs console

Re: [vox-tech] backspace keycode in C: xterm vs console

begin Ted Deppner <ted@psyber.com>
> On Tue, Dec 25, 2001 at 02:43:12AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > /* #define BACKSPACE   127 */
> > #define BACKSPACE   8
> >
> > is there any way to deal with this other than making the backspace
> > keycode into a global variable (or worse, passing its value to every
> > function that needs it)?
>
> man termios - you can familiarize yourself with the main concepts using
> the 'stty' shell command
>
> You'll need to do a get tcgetattr(), and check the value of the VERASE
> option in c_cc element (termios_p.c_cc[VERASE]).  That is the tty's erase
> character.

i'd rather do it with the preprocessor, but if that option isn't
available to me, i accept my fate.   :)

> You can also mess with X,

no thanks.  too intrusive for my tastes.  i'd rather not write a program
that starts playing with people's X server.

thanks!
pete

PGP Public Key:  finger p@dirac.org