Re: [vox-tech] muttrc

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 10:57:32AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> ted, is elm's "save" key really '>'?   anyway, you might want to change
> these lines to read:

It was in the early 90's...  > is another name for your "received box", so
a quick >> keystroke is quite nice.

> 	macro index > <save-message>
> 	macro pager > <save-message>
>
> that way, if you ever bind s to another key (or if someone uses your .muttrc
> and binds s to something else), the macro doesn't break.

did you try this yet?  mutt macros only allowed key to key tranlations
(and not key to functions) when I added those.  It'd be cool if it works
that way now though.

> > mbox-hook =linux-kernel.in =linux-kernel
>
> do you *really* have that much free time on your hands?!?   ;-)

Yes, with the help of my ctlr-r macro.  I can scan subject headings
quickly for what's relevant to me.  By NO means to I read every email.

> 	1. use someone else's .muttrc
> 	2. read the mutt manual when you have time
> 	3. configure your .muttrc as you learn more

Absolutely.  That's my general approach to anything new technology wise
anyway.  Jump in... get swept away... enjoy the ride [1].

[1] I am kidding.  But only a little.

--
Ted Deppner
http://www.psyber.com/~ted/