Re: [vox-tech] what is mime?

Not my own words, but from the gnus info files (gnus)Using MIME:

        Mime is a standard for waving your hands through the air, aimlessly,
        while people stand around yawning.

        MIME, however, is a standard for encoding your articles, aimlessly,
        while all newsreaders die of fear.

        MIME may specify what character set the article uses, the encoding
        of the characters, and it also makes it possible to embed pictures and
        other naughty stuff in innocent-looking articles.

-Ricardo