Re: [vox-tech] spam blocking ideas

Very recently I've been having some good results just by
blocking based on spam that's already been sent to me.
My general strategy is this:

(1) If it comes from a dedicated spam site, or from an open
relay that's not a major ISP, I block the SMTP client's IP.

(2) If it's looking for an email reply, I block based on the
sender's email address or entire domain.

(3) If it comes via a major ISP from one of their users,
I spamcop them.

Note that some spams will get more than one of the above.

I use Postfix which has very good UCE controls.  This is
especially satisfying because most offending mail is cut off
before it's even received at my server.

Cheers,

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/