[vox-tech] Quotas on RH7.2

Hey list,

I'm trying to turn on quotas and gosh darn it isn't working. I went ahead and followed the steps I found online for recompiling the kernel to make sure quotas were enabled, so as far as I can tell quotas are enabled in the kernel, and I put the aquota.user and aquota.group files in the root of the filesystem I want to quota (/home). I just touched them and chmod'ed them to 600. So when I reboot the machine or run quotaon, it gives me the following error:

quotaon: using /home/aquota.group on /dev/hda5: Invalid argument
quotaon: using /home/aquota.user on /dev/hda5: Invalid argument

Now, the arguments I gave quotaon where just -avug, the usual ones. Anyone run into a problem like this? I'm stumped.

Possibily pertinent info:
Redhat 7.2
linux-2.4.7-10 kernel (custom - quotas enabled - not really custom now is it)
quota-3.01pre9-3
ext3 filesystem (shouldn't matter, should it?)

Thanks for any help.