[vox-tech] a question on locate

this one has had my curiosity for awhile.

locate seems to know about directories that have permissions of 700.
directories that normal users really have no business knowing about.

or even systems where /home directories are considered private.

is there a way to enforce "locate privacy" on system directories that only
root should have access to?

pete

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002