Re: [vox-tech] cd ejection

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 02:22:37PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> matt -- one more idea.   have you recompiled the kernel with automount
> support?   do you run a user space automounter?

These are two different things and should not be confused. The kernel
automounter is for mounting NFS shares on demand. It has nothing to do with
local devices.

The user space automounter is a daemon that attempts to figure out when a
disk has been changed in a drive and then runs mount(8).

--
Henry House