Re: [vox-tech] cd ejection

matt -- one more idea.   have you recompiled the kernel with automount
support?   do you run a user space automounter?

i know that mandrake plays with stuff like this.  works well until it
doesn't.   then it's a bloody nightmare.   :(

i assume you mount/umount as a normal user under X with no gui stuff going
on?

in any event, lsof might be your program.

also -- have you tried to umount as root?

pete

begin: Holland, Matt <mdholland@ucdavis.edu> quote