Re: [vox-tech] cd ejection

matt, are you using gnome or KDE?   if so, the best way to fix this problem
(in fact, the best way to fix most of your problems) is apt-get remove gnome.
or apt-get remove kde.   ;-)

but seriously.

you can get a list of all open files (hardware are abstracted by files on
unix) by using lsof.

also, fuser might be interesting too.   if you do fuser -k -v /cdrom, it
would be interesting to see if X dies.

pete

begin: Holland, Matt <mdholland@ucdavis.edu> quote
> One thing that may be helpful is if there is a way to tell which processes
> are talking to which devices (as I understand that removable media refuse to
> eject when some program thinks it's still using them).  This seems like a
> sort of information you must be able to get from Linux, but I don't know how
> to get it.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> I'm running RedHat 7.1 on an Athlon machine with a Tyan motherboard.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002