[vox-tech] the mailing list needs your help

[vox-tech] the mailing list needs your help

hello all,

i think everyone here knows the trouble that the mailing lists are having.

here's the deal.  you can post successfully to:
   vox@franz.mother.com
   vox-tech@franz.mother.com

but posting to vox@lists.lugod.org (which was prefered) bounces:

       SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<vox@lists.lugod.org>:
       host franz.mother.com [207.215.64.110]: 550 <vox@lists.lugod.org>...
           Relaying denied

and posting to vox@lugod.org (not prefered, but still worked) bounces too:

   The original message was received at Fri, 9 Nov 2001 10:53:51 -0800
   from adsl-64-164-47-8.dsl.scrm01.pacbell.net [64.164.47.8]

   <vox@lugod.org>

   ... while talking to franz.mother.com.:
   >>> RCPT To:<vox@lists.lugod.org>
   <<< 550 <vox@lists.lugod.org>... Relaying denied
   550 <vox@lugod.org>... User unknown

i know enough about exim to "get by", but i'm no expert.  and i really know
nothing about majordomo.  but i know that some people here do.

we've been having trouble with the list for about a week now, and things need
to get back to normal.

i'd like to open up discussion.  can anyone here give suggestions on what the
admins at mother.com can try to get our mailing lists back to normal?  the
goal is to be able to post to vox@lists.lugod.org (and the less prefered
vox@lugod.org).   not vox@franz.mother.com.

any help would be extremely appreciated.

thanks,
pete

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002