[nbs@sonic.net: Re: [vox-tech] Saved SSH keys?]

----- Forwarded message from William Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> -----

Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 15:06:11 -0800
From: William Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net>
Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Saved SSH keys?
To: vox-tech@lists.lugod.org

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 02:51:40PM -0800, Ryan wrote:
> Would it be possible to save my ssh login key (logging in from a workstation
> that only I use) for a remote server so that SSH can connect without me
> entering my password?

Yes!  I forget the exact way of doing it, but all you do is place a line
in this file:

  ~/.ssh/authorized_keys

Back in May of last year, Henry House did a talk on OpenSSH.  I believe
he went over this, and they should be in his notes, available on LUGOD's
website:

  http://www.lugod.org/presentations/openssh.txt

Enjoy!

-bill!