[vox-tech] DRI issues

My eyes are going crossed...

I'm trying to get my Voodoo 3 2000 working again
(RedHat 7.1, XFree86 4.1.0, Kernel 2.4.10 compiled with DRI, tdfx, AGP support)
and am getting this error when I run "DRIsetup-linux-i386", a beta test
program from dri.sourceforge.net:

  Direct Rendering Infrastructure testing program

  Checking your system.......

  Your config file is /etc/X11/XF86Config
  Your module path is /usr/X11R6/lib/modules
  You are running in GLX Indirect Rendering Mode
  Using the file  /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/tdfx_dri.so, as the DRI driver
  This DRI driver contains an unresolved symbol
  This problem is due to compilation issues
  You will be running in indirect mode.
  i.e. software rendering - which will be slow

When "LIBGL_DEBUG" env. var. set, when I run "glxinfo", I get:

  libGL error: dlopen failed: /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/tdfx_dri.so: undefined symbol: grStipplePattern
  libGL error: dlopen failed: /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/tdfx_dri.so: undefined symbol: grStipplePattern
  display: :0.0  screen:0
  direct rendering: No
  server glx vendor string: SGI
  server glx version string: 1.2
  server glx extensions:
      GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_EXT_import_context

I'm sure I've probably got some old GL cruft sitting around from way back
in the RedHat 6.x, XF86 3.x days... but it's hard to figure out what needs
to be removed.

(I tried a few things, and X just crashed completely when I ran "glxinfo"..
d'oh!)

Thx!