Re: [vox-tech] linux compiler problem

begin: tjengelman@ucdavis.edu <tjengelman@ucdavis.edu> quote

> Hi all, I am having a linux compiler problem. I have Mandrake 8.1
> installed,

we'll assume that "rpm -i debian" isn't an option here...  ;)

> and for some reason, I can't install any software. The first
> problem was that I didn't even have gcc installed. Once I downloaded a gcc
> rpm, I still got error messages comming from the compiler.

error messages would be helpful.  what were you compiling?

> Can anyone
> dirrect me to the correct place to get the RPM? for some reason the
> installation disks do not have the correct rpm

doesn't mandrake run an ftp server?

i've had alot of success with rpmfind.net when i used redhat.

lastly, we have mandrake cd's that you can borrow from teh library.

pete

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002