[vox-tech] linux compiler problem

Hi all, I am having a linux compiler problem. I have Mandrake 8.1
installed, and for some reason, I can't install any software. The first
problem was that I didn't even have gcc installed. Once I downloaded a gcc
rpm, I still got error messages comming from the compiler. Can anyone
dirrect me to the correct place to get the RPM? for some reason the
installation disks do not have the correct rpm
Thanks
Travis