Re: [vox-tech] hotmail question (for a friend)

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> i have a good friend who uses hotmail.  i hate getting his email because it's
> always sent as html.
>
> as i understand it, he makes a net connection using aol, connects to hotmail
> through his aol browser and sends email that way.
>
> i know nothing about windows, so i'm not sure if it's hotmail's fault, his
> mail client or aol's fault.
>
> he's willing to send pure text, but has no idea what to do.   can someone
> please outline what i should tell him about how to set email preference to
> "pure text / non html"?

ave you checked the header information to see if it is really from
hotmail, and not sent from Netscape, or some other mail system with the
return address being setup  as a hotmail address?

I also seem to recall that MS harvests e-mail addresses of senders to
hotmail users and sells them to spammers, but this could just be a
rumor/myth.

-ME