[vox-tech] nic install problems

I'm a newbie trying to install a D-Link DFE 530TX+ Rev.D2 network adapter.
The driver for this card is rtl8139.  When I did an 'insmod rtl8139' I got an
error message: "init_module: device or resource busy".  Why would I get this
error message and where can I find out if it is actually busy?  I'm not even
really sure what questions I should be asking.  I dont know if this is
related, but when I tried to compile a new version of the same driver, I get
a whole bunch of error messages:
linux/config.h: no file or directory
linux/version.h: no file or directory
linux/module.h: no file or directory
linux/kernel.h: no file or directory
linux/sched.h: no file or directory
linux/string.h: no file or directory
linux/timer.h: no file or directory
etc,etc.
I'm running Caldera eDesktop 2.4 and can't figure out why I'm having these
problems.  Someone help please!
Thank you!
Kai Harris