January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] Mobo Question

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Gage_006 wrote:

> In the looks department i was talking about so when i see it, i'd know what
> it was *shrugs*  now how do mobo's connect to the case?  is it screws,
> soldering or what?

ATX cases are easy to spot, since they have holes to accomodate the
serial, PS/2, & parallel ports that are built into ATX mobos.  Most AT
cases only have a hole for the a standard keyboard (bigger hole than the
PS/2; think 486 keyboard).  At least that's my guide to categorizing
cases...

Screws and risers are usu  used to fasten the mobo to the case.  Perhaps
we should start soldering boards to the case...but for what?  :)

Foo