Re: [vox-tech] Audrey

Foo,
I've got one, but there's a slight problem with putting Linux on it.  The Audrey, while an x86-based box, doesn't have a BIOS.  It's running QNX with a simple QNX-centric bootloader that initializes the hardware to run QNX.  While I'm not certain what needs to be done to get Linux bootstrapped on this thing, I've heard from a friend who has an internal contact at 3Com that this thing was engineered to specifically avoid hacking ala iOpener.

The cool part is you can get a QNX command line and xmms to run on it.  One of my projects is to make it the living room's MP3 player, complete with menuing system that works w/ the jog dial...  Just can't seem to find specs on things yet.  Hmmm...

-- G

begin  Foo Lim quotation: