Re: [vox-tech] Mobo Question

begin: Gage_006 <fan49@softcom.net> quote
> Okay, i got some questions with motherboards and cases.  I really need to
> know like everything, like different types of motherboards and cases, what's
> the diff, how they connect, etc.,

you've got alot of reading ahead of you.  this is absolutely not something
anybody could ever possibly answer in an email.  it took me about a month
to familiarize myself with AMD CPU's, technology and mobos.

the best anyone can do is to give you loads of URL's to read.  foo gave me
slota.com which was very good.  anandtech and tom's hardware were also very
good, but sometimes give too much info without covering the basics.  i kept
reading about "south bridge" for the longest time before finding an article
that described what a "south bridge" was.

i also seached for "pc tutorial" on google. there's alot of good
non-intelligence insulting tutorials.

if you have *specific* questions, we might be able to help better.
> Also if anybody knows where to get a
> really cheap computer (like 100$ or less, at 166mhz or more) i'd really
> appreciate it.  Thanks for the help, bye.

is this for a firewall?   there's a 486 selling for 4.95.  the auction ends
in 4 minutes.
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=486

looking through ebay, they seem to have pentium I mobo/cpu for about $20,
pentium II mobo/cpu for about $50.  i'm even seeing a PIII mobo+550MHz cpu
for $90 (that's a great price!).  that auction for that ends in 11 minutes,
so it can't go up too much.  i did a search on "pentium".

i'd say for "cheap" ebay is a good bet!  :-)

good luck!

pete

> -Gage
> Promote Bands: http://www.teamiag.com/go.cfm?id=451&promo=11

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002