Re: [vox-tech] Primary vs. Extended Partitions

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Ryan wrote:

> On Wednesday 03 October 2001 08:11 am, you wrote:
> > Windows 9x will ignore any non-Windows partitions, but Windows 2000 will
> > get very angry if you have any non-Windows partition when you install
> > Windows 2000.
>
> Angry how? (wondering if that's why it won't install on my box)

I mentioned this in a separate e-mail after the above posting, but I'd be
happy to repeat it in case you missed it.  Peter has mentioned a while
back that Windows2000 won't install itself unless it's allowed to removes
any non-Windows partition from the hard drive first (it'll ask you if you
want to do this).  In another words, it insists on being the only OS on
the system during the installation, and will refuse to be installed
otherwise.  But if you install Windows2000 first *then* install Linux, it
will work fine... as far as we know.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim