Re: [vox-tech] running windows using Samba server through Linux

Re: [vox-tech] running windows using Samba server through Linux

begin: Viswanath P <viswap@yahoo.com> quote

> Hi,
>
>     I have smbmount(Samba client) of my other window$
> OS machine connected in network.  After mounting it in
> my other machine which runs only Linux can I use Wine
> to run some of my windows appln.
>
> Is it possible to configure Wine to see the samba
> mount which I had mounted Or does it need to be in the
> native disk itself.

what exactly do you want to do?   wine isn't like dosemu -- you don't get a
"shell".  you simply run applications.

$ cd /WindowsMount/Program\ Files/MyWin32App
$ wine MyWin32App.exe

is this what you're thinking of?   wine would certainly see your samba mount.

pete