RE: [vox-tech] Voodoo 3500 TV tuner

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Roland Minden wrote:

> Very cool Mark. What do you think of Mandrake 8.1?

Oooooohhhhh.... reaaaally nice.  I especially liked the built-in firewall
tool :)

> I am bringing some copies
> to the LUGOD meeting tonight.

I hope whoever gets 'em enjoys em -- they're really nice.

> Just a thought I have heard that Mandrake 8.1
> comes with ext3 is this true and are you thinking of trying it out?

Yes, it does have ext3 available, categorized under journaling file
systems ("Journaling file system: ext3").  It also has JFS and XFS also
categorized under journaling file systems (and of course Reiser's there,
too.)  At the moment I'm enjoying my ReiserFS so I have no plans to try
ext3 yet; I think Reiser is more mature and I don't want to risk my system
to any more turnmoil...

-Mark

PS: It looks like I can't make it to the meeting tonight.  Have fun
guys!  Henry, I hope you caught the rerun of Enterprise on Sat/Sun!  If
not, I'll bring the tape to the next meeting!

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/