Re: [vox-tech] C++ static checker

On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> i came across a post on deja.com that mentioned the -Weffc++ switch (which
> doesn't seem to be documented in the man or info pages).
>
> apparently, this is a set of warnings about coding style that violates scott
> meyer's "effective c++".
>

> does anyone have this book?   thumbs up?  down?  it's impressive scott meyer
> gets his own g++ switch!  :)

Two thumbs up.  I have never found a Scott Meyers article or book that
didn't hit the target.

It is cool to learn about this switch. However, it looks like it may
require some patience to use, because it found dozens of issues in the GCC
libraries but none in my code when I tried it out. :)  Whether any or all
of those warnings are justified will take some time to evaluate.

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing