[vox-tech] More debian questions

The howto at: http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-basico.en.html

says I can find fastest ftp site by using "netselect" but it doesn't give me
any output, for example (straight out of the doc):

deb:/# netselect ftp.debian.org http.us.debian.org ftp.at.debian.org
download.unesp.br \
> ftp.debian.org.br
deb:/#

furthermore it says I should be able to this automatically by doing
"netselect-apt"

deb:/# netselect-apt stable
su: netselect-apt: command not found
deb:/#

Why don't I have it on my sys?  I did a "apt-get install netselect"

deb:/# apt-get install netselect
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Sorry, netselect is already the newest version
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
deb:/#

On the bright side, I can use SSH, I'm using a putty client, once (if) I get
X working I'm going to try using X thru ssh, whoopeee

Jay