January 6: Social gathering

[vox-tech] I just installed deb - Problems with X

[vox-tech] I just installed deb - Problems with X

Howdy everyone,

I just installed deb for the first time.  I did a network install.
Everything
seemed to go well, but I can't start X.

Attached are 2 files, startx.out (which I did like "startx 2&> startx.out")
and dmesg ("dmesg > dmesg.out).

There is a message at the bottom of startx.out about the mouse, but the
mouse works on another machine.

Help anyone?
Jay