January 6: Social gathering

[vox-tech] DHCP and DNS

Hey all,

I have what is probably a pretty typical network situation, but I can't seem
to get it to work quite the way I'd like.  First, I have a Linux box acting
as a router, connecting to the internet via ADSL (using the PPPoE protocol).
It masquerades its IP for an internal LAN, which consists of one Linux box
and a few Windows machines.  This all works fine, but... some of the Windows
machines are laptops that spend some time on campus and some time at home.
So I set up a DHCP server on my router.  The trouble is that the DHCP server
doesn't send the client machines DNS server addresses.  I'm not sure if this
will cause problems for the machines when they're at school (where the DHCP
server presumably *does* send DNS info to the clients, because none of them
had any DNS entries before I added the ones from my ISP, though DNS was
enabled).

So, the question is, can I make my DHCP server (I'm using dhcp 3.01bpl12)
send this information by some magic configuration, or do I need to upgrade,
or am I stuck entering the DNS server addresses manually?

Thanks,
Matt