Re: [vox-tech] DHCP and DNS

On Sat, 6 Oct 2001, Holland, Matt wrote:
> So, the question is, can I make my DHCP server (I'm using dhcp 3.01bpl12)
> send this information by some magic configuration, or do I need to upgrade,
> or am I stuck entering the DNS server addresses manually?

Have you tried the following in your /etc/dhcpd.conf :
option domain-name-servers 1.2.3.4;

or

option domain-name-servers 1.2.3.4, 1.2.3.5;

If you add it to the top (before any subnet declarations) it will probably
be inheirited for each subnet spec. You can also try to explicitly include
it in each subnet declaration too for safe measure.

-ME