From: owner-vox-tech@franz.mother.com
[mailto:owner-vox-tech@franz.mother.com]On Behalf Of William Kendrick
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2001 3:50 AM
To: vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Subject: [vox-tech] Hardware recommendations

I'm going to Fry's this afternoon, and am _considering_ getting
a different (easier to configure) SCSI card, and maybe a new HD and some
RAM for Melissa's computer.

I currently have an Adaptec "EZ-SCSI" SCSI card (the purpose is to connect
to a SCSI scanner we got) which has an "AVA-1505A" chip on it.

Any recommendations for a good, easy to configure SCSI card?
(The system's got Debian with kernel 2.2.19 running on it, and
2.4.10 ready to go - Pete was helping try to get the IDE CD-RW drive and
the Adaptec configured a week or so ago)

Also, any recommendations for good IDE HDs? :)

-bill!
clueless when it comes to all this mystical stuff in the land of the Users
(kind of a Tron reference there ;) )