Re: [vox-tech] ssh help needed

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> begin: Mark K. Kim <markslist@cbreak.org> quote
>
> whoa!  who mentioned the word "bug"?   aside from you, that is.  :)

I'm just pointing out once the code is written to read the configuration
at loadtime, there is no need to change otherwise because it's not a
bug... I'm saying it could be a feature :)

> all good arguments.  but there are plenty of apps that read their config
> files dynamically.  and plenty that don't.

Depends.  For sshd, there's little reason to, especially when you could be
opening up security holes.  For a program designed for security, it's
especially important to put security first and convenience second,
especially when the potential convenience improvement is little and
the potential security holes it could open up is great.

Anyway, why are you writing e-mails?  Shouldn't you be at the cornfield?

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/