Re: [vox-tech] ssh help needed

begin: Mark K. Kim <markslist@cbreak.org> quote
> On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > well, kind of.  i haven't looked at the wrapper files myself, but the person
> > didn't modify them (except to comment out the ALL: PARANOID line).   so i'm
> > assuming that's not the problem.
>
> Do you know if sshd reads hosts.allow dynamically or at loadtime?  If it's
> at loadtime, has sshd been restarted?

that's a good question, but like i said, the only thing touched was a
commenting of "ALL: PARANOID".  my DNS is set up correctly anyhow, so that
line shouldn't apply to me anyhow.

one would think that the wrapper gets loaded dynamically.  but if anyone
knows for sure, this is something i'd like to know for sure.

> > some days i get the strangest feeling that computers hate me...
>
> But *we* love you, Pete.

jeez, look what happens. you give a guy a little smooch on the lips and he
gets all sentimental on you...   ;-)

i would try kissing the cpu, but i don't want to get that oil on my face.  :)

pete

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002