Re: [vox-tech] hotswapping an IDE drive?

Re: [vox-tech] hotswapping an IDE drive?

all talk of oiling aside...

i know this is peripheral to the conversation but i'd throw this out anyhow.

the pcmcia driver for adaptec's slim scsi card doesn't support hot swapping
either.  it's on the pcmcia maintainer's todo list.

otoh, judging by deja threads, this pcmcia card DOES support hot swapping on
windows, but nobody seems to have actually been able to hot swap under
windows.  at least, not anyone who posted to usenet.

pete

begin: Takashi Ishihara <tishihara@ucdavis.edu> quote
> I use one of ide hdd case bought from www.compgeek.com and it can
> hotswap. I am using it both on linux and netbsd. If you're interested,
> stop by 2249 anytime you want.
>
> For scsi, there're similar hdd case you can use.
> SCA is developped for this purpose iirc.
> But I tried regular hdd (50pin and 68pin) with adaptech 2940 (or somthing
> like that, it was ajay's), and it worked fine (the scsi ctrler did not
> support the hotswap. I just tried).

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002