Re: [vox-tech] DRI issues

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 09:28:33PM -0700, William Kendrick wrote:
> My eyes are going crossed...
>
> I'm trying to get my Voodoo 3 2000 working again
> (RedHat 7.1, XFree86 4.1.0, Kernel 2.4.10 compiled with DRI, tdfx, AGP support)
> and am getting this error when I run "DRIsetup-linux-i386", a beta test
> program from dri.sourceforge.net:
>
>   Direct Rendering Infrastructure testing program
>
>   Checking your system.......
>
>   Your config file is /etc/X11/XF86Config
>   Your module path is /usr/X11R6/lib/modules
>   You are running in GLX Indirect Rendering Mode
>   Using the file  /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/tdfx_dri.so, as the DRI driver
>   This DRI driver contains an unresolved symbol
>   This problem is due to compilation issues
>   You will be running in indirect mode.
>   i.e. software rendering - which will be slow

I suspect the problem is with XFree86.  I had similar problems when I
compiled by hand;  I regret to say that I've forgotten the fix, but a
google search on 3DFX and XFree86 4.x might prove useful.  My guess
would be (if you didn't hand-compile X) that whoever did the distro
made the same mistake I did.  Which is easy, since it boils down to a
bug in the X build scripts.

Micah