Re: [vox-tech] Loki - CD

tom,

on the contrary, i probably spend more time helping people with linux than
anyone i or you know.

you may not understand this, but you have to believe me when i say that
asking you to pick up a book on linux is the best advice anyone can give
here.  and everyone here knows it.

it's like how a teacher knows that their homework assignments will help the
students learn, but all the students can think about is how their evening
will be "not fun" and the teacher "isn't helping".

we're always here to help.  *i'm* always here to help.  but if you make no
effort to learn on your own, vox-tech will rapidly degenerate into tom-tech.

tom, i don't mean to lecture you, but a very common theme among linux users
is "teaching how to fish" rather than "giving a fish".  you seem to be more
interested in getting the fish.  and that'll work in the short term, but in
the long term, you'll be very miserable with linux.  i'm honestly trying to
teach you how to fish.   this is exactly why we have the lugod library.

pete

begin: Tom <Hwy101@accessbee.com> quote