Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 20:17:57 +0200
From: Morten Brix Pedersen <mbp@wtf.dk>
To: Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org>
Cc: vim@vim.org
Subject: Re: syntax highlighting not kicking in for docbook

On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 11:01:04AM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> begin: Morten Brix Pedersen <mbp@wtf.dk> quote
> > Create a file with .sgml extension, and put this as the first line:
> > <!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN">
> >
> > The format will set to docbk the next time you open it in vim.
>
> ok, i have the .sgml extension, and the first few lines are:
[...]
> the first line is the same as the one you listed, but unfortunately, nothing
> is getting highlighted.   :(

Weird - I just tested it on a machine with vim 5.8, didn't work, but on
my local vim 6.0aw it works perfect.

You might want to upgrade to that, there is Debian packages right here,
if you're on Debian:
http://people.debian.org/~wakkerma/vim/

- Morten.

--
Morten Brix Pedersen <morten@wtf.dk> - http://www.wtf.dk/hp/
Copenhagen, Denmark. -- Programmer, Scout, Geek.

----- End forwarded message -----