Re: [vox-tech] Can't access internet.

Thanks, Sam

>What does the route command say?  Type route; could be the route to
>the gateway at your isp isn't setup.  Type "route add default gw
><gateway-ip-address>" to add the route.  If the route is up try
>pinging the gateway.  Dunno why that wouldn't be setup via dhcp, but
>ya never know.

I did not try route.  However, pinging the gateway works just fine -
response time is typical - about 0.1 sec.

>Otherwise, look at the output from ifconfig, check dmesg to see if
>there's any errors with the NIC module, double check resolv.conf,
>host.conf, flush ipchains (ipchains -F), try a differnet dhcp client
>(pump instead of dhcpcd or dhcpcd instead of pump).

resolv.conf has only this in it:

search
nameserver 207.230.239.9
nameserver 207.230.239.10

ifconfig shows everything up and running.  dhcp-client has no
difficulty getting an IP address, and it writes resolv.conf.

There are no errors in dmesg.

--

                                       Cam Ellison, Ph.D., R.Psych.
           John Fleury & Associates Ltd.  ---  Management Psychologists