Re: [vox-tech] Help with regular expressions needed.

Re: [vox-tech] Help with regular expressions needed.

Now the previous email is an example of a regular expression not
behaving as planned.
Or more accurately, the programmer not having planned on it working this
way.

In my most recent email I gave some sample output that contained my
shell prompt:

> A sample run (for the last rule):
>
> tres@ares:~/program/quick$ ./regexp1.pl regexp1.dat

> tres@ares:~/program/quick$

Mozilla 0.9.2 seems to think this is a valid email address becasue of
the "@" symbol.
If you were on my local network then "tres@ares" would be a valid email
address.
Mozilla thought that "tres@ares:~/program/quick$" was a valid email address.

BAD MOZILLA!!!        :-(

Regards,
Tres

P.S.    For the Curious /etc/bashrc contains

export PS1="\u@\h:\w\\$ "

'username'@'hostname':'current working directory'    followed by # for
root or $ for others