Re: [vox-tech] Help with regular expressions needed.

On Tuesday 18 September 2001 05:55 pm, you wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 04:26:33PM -0700, Ryan wrote:
> > I'm trying to setup a mail filter in kmail to deal with an annoying
> > spammer who's isp won't kick him off. His subjects are allways devoid of
> > lowercase letters.  Kmail allows sorting by whether or not a header
> > matches a regular expression.  So I told it to kill anything not matching
> > the regexpr
> >
> > [^a-z]*[a-z]+.*
> >
> > but this doesn't work. A little help?
>
> [a-z]
>
> However, this may not necessarily be the best course.  In practice,
> some have found that they do indeed get valid emails with *short*
> all-caps messages.  Subjects like: HELP or CGI or YOU GO, RYAN!!! are
> plausable.  So another idea might be to kill messages whose subjects
> have no lowercase and are at least n characters long.
>
> Micah

Yea, that sounds like a good idea, but can you tell me how to do it (I know
it can be done, I even read a howto on regexprs, but I'm thinking kmail has
poor regexpr support.)?

Tring the other options that were posted resulted in somewhat unpridictable
flagging.