Re: [vox-tech] linux router on a disk

"Ehrhart, Jay" wrote:

> I am looking for a cheap alternative to buying a router.  I have plenty of
> PCs and I wanted to put Linux on them and make them routers.  I want to
> place these PCS\routers at remote school sites so they need to be simple and
> quick to rebuild in the event of trouble.
> I heard of a Linux version that fits on a floppy and sets up a PC as a
> router.  Does anyone know the name of it and\or where I can get it?
>
> Jay

Also try floppyfw (http://www.floppyfw.org/floppyfw_index.htm). The
firewall (or screening) components are ipchains and ipmasqadm with an
optional logging through klogd/syslogd. It took me about 5 minutes to
set up... and I'm just a biologist. Man, I just LOVE flipping that read
only tab on the floppy. :-)

--
Eric Engelhard