[vox-tech] linux router on a disk

I am looking for a cheap alternative to buying a router.  I have plenty of
PCs and I wanted to put Linux on them and make them routers.  I want to
place these PCS\routers at remote school sites so they need to be simple and
quick to rebuild in the event of trouble.
I heard of a Linux version that fits on a floppy and sets up a PC as a
router.  Does anyone know the name of it and\or where I can get it?

Jay