[vox-tech] vfat partition not writable for non-root users (was: the Dail

[vox-tech] vfat partition not writable for non-root users (was: the Daily Issue)

> For some reason, though, when I am logged in as a non-root user when using
> Linux, I cannot affect this partition at all; I can't read files, write
> files, or even create directories.  I can do all those things as a root user.
>
> The partition is mounted in my Linux OS as U1, pointing at /dev/hda6.  It
> is listed in fstab as such:
>
>          /dev/hda6       u1      vfat    defaults,user   0 0

What does the output of the mount command show?

What is the exact error message, or behavior, that you
get when you're trying to access the filesystem as
a non-root user?